In the case of fostering, the person(s) agreeing to foster an animal (the foster family) will follow all relevant procedures and guidelines regarding the animal as stated in the Last Chance at Life Animal Rescue Animal Rescue Foster Contract. If the animal cannot be kept by the foster family, the foster family shall notify a Last Chance at Life Animal Rescue Coordinator immediately. The animal shall not be sold, abandoned, relinquished to a pound or shelter or to a Rescue group other than Last Chance at Life Animal Rescue, transferred, or given to any individual, or to any retail or wholesale establishment. We appreciate your desire to help our Rescue by fostering one of our adoptable pets, but in order to ensure the safety of your foster we ask that you review and sign the following terms and conditions.
- If for any reason you have to return the foster animal, you must return him/her to a Last Chance at Life Animal Rescue representative. If it is past 7PM on a weekday or 4PM on a weekend you must keep your foster until the next day when a representative is available. We cannot always guarantee transport! We also ask for a 2 week window for long term fosters unless in the case of an emergency or prior agreed upon ending date
- Last Chance at Life Animal Rescue must approve all adoptions; you are not to give your foster to anyone without the approval of a Last Chance at Life Animal Rescue representative.
- Fosters are to be kept ON LEASH AT ALL TIMES!! There are no exceptions.
- If this is the first time fostering for Last Chance at Life Animal Rescue, I will attend 2-3 training classes with the foster dog.
5. If you must take your foster to the veterinarian, we ask that you take them to:
Mission Animal and Bird Hospital
655 Benet Rd Oceanside, CA 92058
- In signing this foster agreement with Last Chance at Life Animal Rescue, I declare that I am aware that: animals are different from human beings in their responses to human actions; the actions of animals are often unpredictable; children and animals must be closely supervised when interacting; an animal’s behavior may change after it leaves the shelter and accustoms itself to its new environment.
- I am aware that the educated opinions of the rescue volunteers do not constitute a claim or guarantee as to the temperament, health or mental disposition of any animal available for foster or adoption.
- I hereby accept possession, legal guardianship and responsibility for the animal I am fostering and discharge Last Chance at Life Animal Rescue forever from liability for any injury or damage to any person or property caused in the future by said animal, and from any causes of action, claims, suits, or demands whatsoever that may arise as a result of such injury or damages.
- All of the information I have provided is true and complete to the best of my knowledge.
- Should a pet be placed with me it will reside in my home as a pet. I agree to provide the pet with adequate food, water, shelter, affection and assisting in adoption.
- Last Chance at Life Animal Rescue holds the right to terminate any foster relationship for any reason at any time granting Last Chance at Life Animal Rescue immediate ownership and return of any and all foster animals.