Surrendering a Dog
If you need to talk to us about surrendering/re-homing a dog that you adopted from our rescue, please email us at email@example.com so we can help you. Once an LCAL dog, always an LCAL dog, so we will do our best to support you in being able to keep your LCAL alumni, or we will always take our dogs back and find them new homes.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept other surrenders at this time. Please contact your local humane society or shelter. Please use this link to assist in determining the correct animal service organization: https://www.sdhumane.org/resources/animal-service-jurisdictions.html
If you have found a stray in need of help, these are our recommendations:
- Check for tags or other identification on the dog that would lead them to the owner.
- If the dog has no tags, take it to a vet office or humane society and request the dog be scanned for a microchip. This may lead tot he owner.
- Check with neighbors/people in the area to see if they recognize the dog or know who the owner is.
- File a Foudn Pet report with the San Diego Humane Society or other local animal shelter – this allows the dog to be matched with its owner if they contact the shelter looking for it.
- If unable to locate the owner, the dog should be taken to the appropriate animal shelter/humane society based on the jurisdiction. Please use this link to assist in determining the correct animal service organization: https://www.sdhumane.org/resources/animal-service-jurisdictions.html